Hang'n dem Hammers

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:47:40 EDT

Years ago I bought the Jaras hammer hanging jig and have used it
occasionally.  No problem getting an even hammer (shoulder) line, but I've
never acheived a consistent line in the hammer tails although the jig
provides a straightedge to back the forward (toward player) edge of the tail
against.  Is the Spurlock jig better in this regard?  Will arcing the tails
afterward with the Spurlock tail arcing jig correct the discrepancies?  I
have a set to replace next month, and any advice will help!

Bill Maxim, RPT
Maxim Piano Service
Columbia, SC