Replacing Hammer Rail Sandpaper

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 09:57:13 -0400

I've been on the lookout for long sandpaper strips to replace the old paper
on the rails rather than piecing
in strips cut from sheets. While perusing the new Klingspor catalogue I
came across these few items.

Rather than inserting the page link for each item (which takes up three
lines each)
I'll give the product number for a search at their site.
http://www.woodworkingshop.com

This one is a Heavyweight paper which is self adhesive, the roll only come
in 4 1/2" width. (320 grit selected)
#	AR20270

This is a lighter weight paper measuring 2", 320 grit. It is the same as
the sheets which I've been
piecing and lightly gluing onto the rails.
#	SR00886

This is a cloth backed abrasive, 3", 320 grit which might be good for
Tubular Action Rails.
I've been piecing in Fine grit Emery Cloth (150 grit) from sheets.
(A double-sided adhesive tape is applied to the rail first).
#	SR98760

All rolls are 10 yards long. Other grits/widths are available.

Lots of other nifty items as well. Those doing lathe work, check out this tool:
#	SZ00036
Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.