New Piano ... Source

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 06:44:49 -0400

Alan,

I would find it interesting to know why he is fixated on "baby grand."
Somewhere along the line he picked up some perspective that makes that
option seem better to him than a larger piano.  Did you discuss this at
all?

Just an observation.  Some years ago I spoke with the manager of a
recording studio with whom I had a passing acquaintance.  When he
learned I am now a piano technician, he volunteered the information that
they (a technician, I presume) juiced the hammers pretty heavily to get
a sound that worked for them in the studio.  I know that idea makes some
of us cringe, and you can sometimes hear it on the radio where it sounds
likes the hammers are made of rock.  This young man may want to do the
same, regardless of which piano he buys.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA