Steinway A for sale

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:09:37 -0700

I have a client who would like to sell his S&S model A.  The piano was =
rebuilt I would say perhaps about 15 years ago.  The exact time is =
unknown.  It has a few moderate soundboard cracks.  The case was =
refinished and looks decent although there is room for touch up.  As I =
recall the last time I looked at it there was a veneer chip on one =
corner.  It plays well but needs regulation.  It is a bit week in the =
top octave and a half or so.   It has been a while since I have seen it =
but the man could probably tell you a little more over the phone.  He is =
an older gentlemen and would like to sell it soon.  He was asking me =
about posting it on e-bay.  I told him I would post it here first.  If =
interested his name is Jim McGreger and he is in Las Vegas.  =
702-451-2951.  He said he was looking for about  $11,000 but I am =
betting he could be talked down to perhaps $8,000-ish.  (Don't tell him =
I said that!)  I would consider bidding myself but seeing how I am =
sinking all my financial resources into a shop this isn't the time.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV