Hamburg Steinway C for sale

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 00:22:48 +1000

At 4:44 PM -0400 24/9/02, Christopher D. Purdy wrote:
>Richard,
>
>This is really an exceptional piano.  It has been meticulously
>maintained and in absolutely perfect condition.  It is without a
>doubt the best piano I am servicing.
>
>My atlas says that it was built in 1987 but I am not sure if Hamburg
>numbers line up with NY serial numbers.  Is that the case?

Chris, the Hamburg pianos have the production year stamped into the
key slip (the front rail in front of the keys if I've used unfamiliar
nomenclature).
There will be two numbers stamped in the slip. The number that refers
to the year will be twenty units larger than the actual year of
manufacture. For example, if it has the number 107 stamped in it, it
will have been manufactured in 1987.

I haven't followed every post on this topic, so you may already have
been told this information. If so, my apologies for cluttering up the
pianotech bandwidth.

Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY