CA Glues - Was Quick (Drying) Question

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:34:03 -0700

At 11:00 AM 9/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>All these references to CA glue ... are there preferences for certain =
>brands, thickness, etc., for different applications?

I don't use CA as a gapfiller, except to the (small) extent it
becomes a gapfiller when excited by contact with white glue, so
I only use the thin.

I've found that Quiktite super glue, made by Loctite, has always
worked very well for me. It's water-thin. I buy small 5 gram
plastic bottles of it at local hardware stores. The nozzle is
narrow, which makes it easy to use in tight places, and the cap
works quite well to keep it from clogging. I keep a bottle in
my kit, and another in the box with ivory replacements.
A bottle will often last me several months. Usually I'll only
have a small amount left when it starts to thicken up.

Susan