Wrong String was "O" vs "M" Discussion

Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:42:56 -0700

If you make the mistake, it's asking a lot for them to pick up the tab.  But
I have found the guys at Mapes pretty good about it when you order a string
by number and it isn't right.  I don't do it that way anymore because
frequently there are problems.  Everybody has different experiences, I
guess.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike and Jane Spalding" <mjbkspal@execpc.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 26, 2002 3:27 AM
Subject: Re: Wrong String was "O" vs "M" Discussion

----- Original Message -----
From: David Love <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
To: Alan R. Barnard <mathstar@salemnet.com>; Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 11:12 PM

> If it was Mapes, they are usually pretty good about making things right at
> no extra charge if an error was made.

David,

Define "pretty good".  Here's my one experience:  I had to return the
offending string at my expense.  I had to let them charge my credit card for
the new string if I wanted it shipped before they received the old string.
I received a credit on my Mapes account, not my credit card account, when
they received the old string.  The person I was dealing with never once
apologised or expressed any regret over the inconvenience to me and my
client.  Is that "pretty good"?  I hope to treat my customers better than
that.

Mike Spalding RPT