Wrong String was "O" vs "M" Discussion

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 05:27:34 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: David Love <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
To: Alan R. Barnard <mathstar@salemnet.com>; Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: Wrong String was "O" vs "M" Discussion

> If it was Mapes, they are usually pretty good about making things right at
> no extra charge if an error was made.

David,

Define "pretty good".  Here's my one experience:  I had to return the offending string at my expense.  I had to let them charge my credit card for the new string if I wanted it shipped before they received the old string.  I received a credit on my Mapes account, not my credit card account, when they received the old string.  The person I was dealing with never once apologised or expressed any regret over the inconvenience to me and my client.  Is that "pretty good"?  I hope to treat my customers better than that.

Mike Spalding RPT