aural tuning question

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:47:25 -0500

Phil,

> To tune C6, play F4 and hold it with the Sos. Pedal.
>
> What I'm listening to is for the beating to go away..when that happens,
> there is a gentle roll to the single octave(C5-C6), almost negligible.
>
> Actually, I start this sequence as soon as I can, using the Temperament
> Octave as a starting point..for me, the bottom of my temperament octave
> would be F3 to hold and tune C5.

I get the same effect by tuning octaves with a deliberate slight roll in the
single octave. Once I know what stretch the double octave will be, it's
easier for me to just tune single octaves, then check with the double.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
http://www.mygreatbiz.net

Low long-distance, toll-free service, Skytel paging, Dish Network, internet
dial-up, and more!