talking turkey to RB

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:58:59 -0700 (PDT)

I do not wish to get into another big debate on this,
so I'll make one comment and quit.
     There is no humor in this "joke". It is
disgusting, ignorant, and scripturally innacurate:
And, as a monk for many years, I find it especially
offensive. If you are going to cite God, please be
Biblical! Or cite other religious scriptures. The main
texts of EVERY major religion cite the superiority of
a vegetarian diet, and its inevitability as humanity
climbs from barbarity.
     "I give you every herb bearing grass, every fruit
bearing treee. For you, they shall be meat!"
God, Genesis 1:29
     Most Sincerely,
     Gordon Lee Stelter

P.S. Even more revolting was the "Christmas" song
someone offered regarding shooting Santa's reindeer!
It is disturbing that some of those purporting to
bring harmony and beauty into the world as piano
tuners can otherwise have such very bad taste.