aural tuning question

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:19:37 -0400

recently, I have been using the sostenuto pedal and a different note all
together to tune octaves in the treble. What I'm finding is more consistency
and a 'warmer' stretch, if there is such a thing. Here's what I have been
doing..aural tuners, tell me if I'm blowing hot air or not..I can take it..

To tune C6, play F4 and hold it with the Sos. Pedal.

What I'm listening to is for the beating to go away..when that happens,
there is a gentle roll to the single octave(C5-C6), almost negligible.

Actually, I start this sequence as soon as I can, using the Temperament
Octave as a starting point..for me, the bottom of my temperament octave
would be F3 to hold and tune C5.

I haven't changed anything in the bass..still 6:3 there.

Aural Tuners - am I blowing smoke?

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com