"O" or "M"? WAS Re: Hamburg Steinway C for sale

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:55:56 -0500

Jimbo,

At 09:41 9/25/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>In a message dated 25/09/02 9:31:55 AM, A440A@aol.com writes:
>
><< Well, dang,  that sure seems like an "M" to me!  I have never seen an O
>that was the same length as an M.  Anybody else?
>Ed Foote  >>
>
>Well danged Ed it looks like a duck...it is sized like a duck and..... it is
>labeled as a duck (according to C's last post) so probably it, more than
>likely, 'is' a duck??
>  Maybe the uncertainy of designation comes from a faulty reading of the
>hieroglyphics at the bass bridge?? :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

While 'tis true that, while my advanced age has brought on a certain
diminution of visual acuity, my tactile sense is still intact.  As I
lightly caress the gentle curves of the casting, my fingers trace a raised
circle. As I search what is left of my alleged mind, I recall few letters
or numbers which resemble that circle.  O & 0.  Q is ruled out due to lack
of a tail, prehensile or not.

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems