Hamburg Steinway C for sale

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:27:51 +0200

"Christopher D. Purdy" wrote:

> Richard,
>
> This is really an exceptional piano.  It has been meticulously
> maintained and in absolutely perfect condition.  It is without a
> doubt the best piano I am servicing.
>
> My atlas says that it was built in 1987 but I am not sure if Hamburg
> numbers line up with NY serial numbers.  Is that the case?

87 could be right... tho I would have thought it was at least a bit earlier.
I was guessing a bit based on a similar number on a C we have, I would think
tho that yours comes just before the change over, tho I am not sure. Hamburg
C's are really nice instruments to be sure.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.