Kent Swafford/....ETD generated tuning and refines it."

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:12:03 -0700

> I suspect it will get much worse
>then you prophesis below. I suspect there will be only a hand full of piano
>makers left,  most people using keyboards, and the tuning proffession....
>well for the few who are left I think they will be well versed in most all
>aspects of tuning... or they wont be able to compete with the few artists
>left who insist on acoustic instruments.
>
>MO

I think this is an alarmist view.  I do work for many,  great studio
players and film composers/ home studio guys.  None of them have an
emotional relationship with their keyboard controllers and their samples.
ALL of them have an emotional relationship---in some cases, very
intense---with their pianos.  Enough said.

People have been predicting the death of acoustic pianis for 50 years or
more.  Relax.
It's not going to happen.

David Andersen