Quick (Drying) Question

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:41:17 -0500

Alan,

Brand preferences:  Not really, but buy from a merchant who understands shelf life and proper storage conditions.  If in doubt, order from  Dryburgh.

Viscosity preferences:
Super thin:  Pinblock doping, first pass on bridge pins, ivories that are beginning to peel, sizing screw holes.
Medium:  Ivories that have come off completely, later passes on bridges that absorbed all of the super thin.

hope that helps,

Mike Spalding, RPT

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan R. Barnard <mathstar@salemnet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 1:10 PM
Subject: Quick (Drying) Question

All these references to CA glue ... are there preferences for certain brands, thickness, etc., for different applications?

I used some Bondini to reglue 4 ivory heads and one tail. Worked great but seeped around the edge and...

True confessions: I glued my finger to the piano. Had to remove the key, drive to a hardware store, go in and buy acetone--all with a 1910 Chickering upright piano key glued to my finger. Seems funny now but I sure felt stupid.

Alan Barnard
Stuck in Salem, MO