Tech exam, was Re: Tuning Exam

John Pasterczyk jp@southbaypiano.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:51:41 -0700 (PDT)

Wim,

I too am preparing for the Tech. exam.  What I found
helpful on the tuning exam was that there is published
material telling you how the exam is scored, and I
understood how and when points were deducted.  This
removed a lot of anxiety for me in the test room,
because I was able to "self test" with the help of my
SAT III for months prior to actually taking the exam
(I took the exam aurally without the help of the SAT
III.)  Thus, I was fairly confident of my abilities,
which helped to ease the stress of a test situation,
which I'm sure helped me to "perform" well.

As for the Tech. exam, I can find no materials that
indicate how points are deducted, or the exam is
scored, and I am finding that I am less sure of my
capabilities, and more wary (sp?) of taking the exam.
So...what I think would be helpful would be to remove
some of the mystery by publishing something similar to
the article written by Keith Kopp, "Preparing for the
PTG Tuning Exam", which explained in detail the
scoring procedure.

Sincerely,

John Pasterczyk.
Associate Member, PTG