How long (capo dressing)

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:42:17 -0500

Hi Isaac,
                Usually this type of job is 4 to 8 hrs. Time the bar needs
this much attention, I usually find some centre pinning and regulation
things to attend to.
You will probably need 3/4 hr to get the half pedal point of the dampers
consistent.
Tap all the bridge pins and put one drip of CA glue at the base of each
pin, while you are at it.   This will also clean up the tone and give an
improvement to sustain.
I also lube the capo bar with paraffin wax, it greatly reduces abrasion
when bringing the wire up to pitch,
I do about 6 notes at a time, it seems to stabalize the piano a bit quicker.
Allow for a 2hr service call and tuning within 30days.
I'm sure I could do a fast and nasty job in about 3 1/2hrs, but why?
Regards Roger