Broken plates was Grand Treble Bell

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:22:42 -0500

>                 While following this thread all this talk of broken
> plates ,I just wondered how many have ever encountered a broken plate in
> a Steinway or If you'll admit to  breaking a plate by adjusting any of
> the nose bolts or bell bolts. ANy body willing to fess up?
>            Dale

I'll fess up. I've seen broken plates in Steinways, but nothing I could say
was obviously the result of nose bolt or bell bolt abuse. I haven't broken
any plates by setting bearing with nose bolts or bell bolts - but then I
don't try to set bearing that way in the first place, so I'm not likely to.

Ron N