Tuning the F33-A37 was (beleive or not) Apologies to Bill Bremmer: not necessary

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:00:23 -0500

Hey, Bill. You spelled "Brrahhhh-pa-pa-pa-pahhhh" wrong.

Thanks to you and to all who posted the thoughtful and helpful comments =
to my tuning the F33-A37 question. This work truly is more art than =
science, I guess. But heaven help someone who doesn't understand at =
least the basic science or refuses to learn the art!

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: SidewaysWell1713@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 2:44 PM
  Subject: Re: Apologies to Bill Bremmer: not necessary

  In a message dated 9/23/02 10:51:19 AM Central Daylight Time, =
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:=20

    My apologies.=20

  That was neither necessary nor expected.  From the very day I ever =
wrote something on this list, people have said that kind of thing to me. =
 I viewed it as the kind of "pecking order" found in a chicken coop and =
said so.  You can imagine the kind of uproar that provoked. =
Brrahhhh-pa-pa-pa-pahhhh!=20

  I certainly don't know everything there is to know about tuning but I =
do want to continue to explore all possibilities.  Where the resistance =
comes from is those who think there is nothing more to explore.  They =
resort to ridicule and character assassination but don't recognize it =
when it is thrown back at them.=20

  Anyone who expects me to tuck my tail and meekly back down in the face =
of those kinds of taunts is expecting something from me that will never =
happen.=20

  I'd rather answer the questions I know the answers to, pose some of my =
own from time to time and talk about progress in piano technology.  I =
don't mind humor but those who wish things were like they used to be =
want a chat room full of good ol' boys who all think they know it all =
and so therefore, have nothing to discuss but off topic material and are =
ready to pounce upon anyone who doesn't seem to fit in with their little =
clique.=20

  I have my own ideas about tuning and my own way of handling that kind =
of asocial pressure.  There is plenty on this list I don't have time to =
read and am not interested in.  As someone recently said, I don't mind =
deleting and don't care at all if I am deleted.=20

  Bill Bremmer RPT=20
  Madison, Wisconsin=20
  Click here: -=3Dw w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =3D-=20