(OT) Virus - False Alarm

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:10:20 -0400

Oh good grief - here is the next email from the same reliable sourse - sorry.

Terry Farrell

That is a hoax. ALL such "alerts" should be checked at a reliable source such as Symantec, which gave the results to be found at the URL below:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/virtual.card.for.you.html

Passing on hoaxes without checking them is an irresponsible thing to do, since some recipients may be seriously worried, and all will be put to the trouble of verifying the claimed "virus" and deleting the spurious warning.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 4:10 PM
Subject: (OT) Virus

I am just passing this on. I recieved this from a source whom I have known to always be legitimate.

If I see a suspicious email in my inbox, how do I delete it without clicking on it? With some of these nasty things, I click on it to delete it, and as soon as I click on it, the virus is detected by my McAfee. I'm not talking about opening up an attachment, just clicking on the email to highlight it so that I can delete it.

Terry Farrell

Subject: WORST VIRUS EVER ---CNN ANNOUNCED
PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST !!

SNIP