Apologies to Bill Bremmer: not necessary

SidewaysWell1713@aol.com SidewaysWell1713@aol.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:44:58 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/02 10:51:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> My apologies.

That was neither necessary nor expected.  From the very day I ever wrote
something on this list, people have said that kind of thing to me.  I viewed
it as the kind of "pecking order" found in a chicken coop and said so.  You
can imagine the kind of uproar that provoked. Brrahhhh-pa-pa-pa-pahhhh!

I certainly don't know everything there is to know about tuning but I do want
to continue to explore all possibilities.  Where the resistance comes from is
those who think there is nothing more to explore.  They resort to ridicule
and character assassination but don't recognize it when it is thrown back at
them.

Anyone who expects me to tuck my tail and meekly back down in the face of
those kinds of taunts is expecting something from me that will never happen.

I'd rather answer the questions I know the answers to, pose some of my own
from time to time and talk about progress in piano technology.  I don't mind
humor but those who wish things were like they used to be want a chat room
full of good ol' boys who all think they know it all and so therefore, have
nothing to discuss but off topic material and are ready to pounce upon anyone
who doesn't seem to fit in with their little clique.

I have my own ideas about tuning and my own way of handling that kind of
asocial pressure.  There is plenty on this list I don't have time to read and
am not interested in.  As someone recently said, I don't mind deleting and
don't care at all if I am deleted.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin