Yamaha Tuning Instability

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:16:37 -0500

Hi Terry,
                A few questions,   1. What time period are we talking about
for noticeable tuning drift?   Does the tuning drift always go flat, or is
seem unpredictable in different registers?
    Some Yamaha models tend to go a little sharper than average, at the end
of the long bridge, with high humidity swings, yet the bass strings are
much more stable.
  The octaves across the tenor break will  become noticeably wild.  This
can be a clue to nothing being amiss structurally.
  Before installing Damp chasers, some of out University studios have a C3
and G2 in them.   It was a constant problem trying to keep them together.
After installation complains stopped.
    Just a thought for you.

Regards Roger