Upright Touchweight

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 06:20:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Robin,
     A few years back we had a 54" Knabe upright,
1895, on stage with an unrestored but immaculately
preserved ( heavily wrapped with blankets for 80 years
) Steinway B.  The Knabe blew it out of the water, and
I suspect it still might give the "B" a "run for its
money" even if the Steinway were restored!
    I think Knabe stopped making this particular
model( probably tosave $$$ ) around 1900, although the
slightly later ones are still excellent.
     Gordon Stelter