Franz Mohr

SidewaysWell1713@aol.com SidewaysWell1713@aol.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:44:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/02 4:39:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
poseyviolins@charter.net writes:

> Franz Mohrs must be quite a guy.  His name is coming up on the violin making
> list too.  There it's regarding a discussion on the merits of various
> species of spruce.
> Gerald

He is.  The name is Mohr.  He wrote an interesting autobiography called, "My
Life with the Great Pianists".  It is readily available from Amazon.com for
$13.29.   He used to be a violinist but had to give it up because of wrist
pain (Carpal Tunnel?).  He was a young man during World War II and saw his
village being bombed for what he thought were senseless and malicious
reasons.  He was a very angry and bitter person until he found religion.

In his book, he sounds off on a few favorite topics such as "perfect pitch"
and his dislike of what he knew as the "Strobe Tuner".  He is a very
interesting and motivational speaker, sounding much like the Baptist preacher
that he is on Sundays.  He is a very giving person who always reserves time
at the Conventions to teach the visually impaired technicians how to handle
the piano entirely by feel.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin