Yamaha Tuning Instability

Bigeartb@aol.com Bigeartb@aol.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:52:56 EDT

Terry,
     I wonder if the Yamaha might be placed near the air conditioning/heating
vent or in front of a window where the sun might heat the instrument or a
live plant too close to the instrument will cause it to go in and out of
tune. I strongly suspect the humidity is changing for this piano. I doubt the
pinblock distance from the plate is the problem. Maybe there's a hole in the
wall to the outside next to the piano. I don't know but I'll bet this
instrument is getting much more moisture than the second piano.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.