Testing Statistics.. was Important Question

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:09:34 -0300

Hi Bill,
I don't doubt that with personal instruction, I could have learned to =
tune aurally. In fact, if I had utilized the SAT properly, I could have =
succeeded also.

The Chapter of the PTG I belonged to, never had a meeting, in all the =
years I was a member. Local tuners didn't want to help, and as a matter =
of fact, my tunings with the SAT, were better than some of theirs. =
(Customers opinion)
I just didn't have enough incentive to learn, properly, as I was making =
a good living.=20
 With an active chapter, it might have been different. It might also =
have made a difference, if a local tuner had been able to do a better =
job, than me, and take all my customers, by being better than me. Then I =
would have had to learn to be better than him. But that didn't happen. I =
couldn't, even, except for one time, get any of them to go to a =
convention with me. They thought that they wouldn't learn enough to =
warrant the expense.

I feel that this list and the availability of the conventions, has been =
what allowed me to stay ahead of the others. So big kudos for the PTG =
and the Pianotech list.

Bill, I think tragic, is too strong of a word.=20

My customers have not suffered because, I couldn't pass the aural part =
of the exam.

Regards
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.