PTG tuning exam pianos

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 16:31:04 -0500

Ron,

At 16:27 9/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>Steinway Models S and M do not meet PTG tuning exam criteria.
>>
>>Kent Swafford
>
>That's odd. Nearly everyone I've heard from insists that lack of bushings
>doesn't affect tuneability. I hope this doesn't mean that I'm starting to
>think like a committee...
>
>Ron N

Everyone's a committee of one, didn't you know that?

Anyway, speaking of pianos which don't meet the criteria...
Isn't the Baldwin SF10 technically ineligible for use in exams due to how
far up the scale the wound strings go?

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems