Voicing

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:39:47 -0700 (PDT)

Yes. I know this sounds odd. But Dave Stanwood's wife,
a felter, told me this and I therefore don't doubt it.
Maybe they had a lot of Teflon(TM) lying around, and
were looking for new uses. After all, this is how
nitrocellulose lacquer came into being: as a means of
disposing with WWI surplus guncotten. I think Steinway
was also the first to use this lacquer for piano
cases.
     I just wonder at the wisdom of experimenting with
Teflon for this, as Teflon sticks to almost nothing,
whereas any material used for felt substitution in
hammers would need to stick rather well to itself, and
a hammermolding.( If there was one. )
     Gordon Stelter