Upright Touchweight

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:11:09 -0700 (PDT)

Well, we were talking about a fabulous 1890's 3 bridge
Knabe that he did a full restoration on
( including new board ) and I asked if some of his
touchweight metrology was applicable ( as I own 2 of
these ) and he said "Yes". ( That is, if I remember
correctly!) I did not inquire further.
     These are truly astounding pianos, and even
without special techniques their actions are closer to
grands in responsiveness than any uprights that I've
played. The much-loathed rocker capstans, as well as
unusual and well thought out action geometry seem
responsible. And what a sound!!!
     Gordon Stelter

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>