Importance of the staple: was hammer felt (Renner Blues)

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:09:47 +0200

David Love wrote:

> If you mean that the staple is important in high humidity
> areas to ensure the hammer doesn't come apart, I'm not
> sure I agree.  My experience is that if the glue joint
> fails, no staple will hold it together.

I think the important distinction here is that the staple
will help prevent the glue from failing in the first place.
Course once the glue actually does give way, and felt starts
to seperate from wood... then thats another thing.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne