Franz Mohrs Credibility, was ETDS

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:20:57 +0200

Farrell wrote:

> Franz Mohr on ETDs.
>
> Question from the piano-consumer audience: "My piano technician uses an electric box while tuning my piano. Is this good?"
>
> Franz Mohr's response: "Throw the bum out. Thrrrrroooowww him out!" (Statement made with lots of sweeping hand/arm/body motions.)
>
> Any further questions?

Fact, Franz Mohr was Vladimir Horowitz's personal piano technician for 40 years. Flew all over the world with him on concerts. And Horowitz wasnt his only such client. Regardless of what you might want to read into his lack of respect for ETD's (which I might add is following the Steinway line), you do not
discount a fellow who has this kind of experience with this kind of customer for so many years. Not unless you are very foolish.

Now that doesnt mean you swallow every word he says as Big "G's" holy gospel either... that would be going from one extreme to the other. :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.