Great Opportunity, Lousy Piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:57:50 -0400

"You must be a very efficient worker to get all that done in two hours..."

Hey, didn't you read my post? I said that I came prepared with super glue and duct tape!

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin E. Ramsey" <ramsey@extremezone.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2002 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: Great Opportunity, Lousy Piano

Terry Farrell wrote;

I only had a couple hours before they were going to use it for rehearsal. Thank God I had super glue and duct tape! I pitch-raised it to A440, tuned it, filed the hammers, shimmed the action frame for hammer alignment, roughed up the hammer tails to make most of them check. Added a little drop to some just so they would not double strike. That was all I had time for. This thing needed a good 200 hours of work - at least.

    You must be a very efficient worker to get all that done in two hours, Terry. I would definately look at this as an opportunity to show your stuff and earn some good money.
    One thing, next time you're pushed for time, instead of roughing up the hammer tails, look at the backchecks, if they look a little worn down, sometimes it's quicker to take some 220 paper and drag it straight up towards you, like you're gang filling. Makes 'em look almost new, and takes about three minutes for the whole set. Just don't get too carried away. Sometimes that's all they need.