Samick Hammer Centering was Re: Great Opportunity, Lousy Piano

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:37:21 -0500

Terry wrote:

" ... Most hammers only hitting left two strings ... shimmed the action
frame for hammer alignment ..."

A few months ago I encountered a brand new Samick (SG155, I believe) with
the same problem. The only way I could center the hammers, short of gouging
wood out of the key frame, was to completely remove the unicorda stop
adjustment screw AND the little pad the screw came up against.

I meant to do a little research at that time to see if something else could
have been fixed or adjusted. Redesigning the piano seemed pretty
brazen --but it made a good regulation of normal and unicorda hammer strike.

Whady'all think?

Alan Barnard