Great Opportunity, Lousy Piano

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:56:06 -0500

>1960s L. Teflon action. Clickity clank. Massive deader-than-a-doornail
>killer octave section.

Hi Terry,
                Re pin the hammer shanks. You will need those special
parallel reamers from Pianotech.   Glue all the bushings with a dab of CA
glue around the collar of the bushings.   Most of the clicks will be coming
from the bushing in the wippen. Ream them all out to #21's, then re
pin.  Goes fairly fast if you just pin to one size.

I just recently did this to a 60's D and wow, amazing how much tone came out.
I think I just screwed myself out of a major action job.

Have a good weekend.
Roger