hammer felt

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 14:31:39 +0200

I can't understand how you can find that the Renner hammers are too
hard or need too much voicing, that is exactly the contrary actually.

They give (on European pianos) a warm round tone since the start, and,
as Andre say, need very little voicing work.

I understand the same felt is now used on Yamaha C series hammers too.
Probably the Renner blue too use the same.
After that, they can be more or less pressed, moistened/heated, etc...

But for refelting jobs as necessary for some old beasts, it could be
useful to have the kind of felt Ari Isaac makes, and beside, someone
having the same name than me can't be totally bad ;>).

Regards.

Isaac