Upright Touchweight

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:19:20 -0500

>...is there a range of resistance (or added DW) that one can expect
>to encounter in a reasonably well designed and operating damper
>system?
>
>Stated another way, how much additional DW should I expect a well
>functioning damper to add to touchweight? Terry Farrell

Terry, List,

In a reasonably well designed and operating damper system, assuming
reasonably operating equates to appropriately regulated, I would
expect not to notice when the damper levers pick up.

If I feel them pick up during key activation, that alerts me to
something in the damper system needing potential consideration for
some type of adjustment.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731