Voicing

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:18:31 -0700

    That's strange Joe, every hammer we've gotten from them has been so =
dead soft that the first thing you do after hanging is SOAK THEM. Well, =
almost........
    Really, though, I haven't found any that I've gotten from them to be =
pre-lacquered.  Hope it's not a trend.........
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Christopher D. Purdy=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 8:18 PM
  Subject: Re: Voicing

  >I've never had so darned much
  >trouble with a set of hammers. Never again!!!!! The best hammers for =
  >Steinway, IMHO, is anything other than theirs.
  >Regards,
  >Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

  So how come the last several new B's I have worked on have cotton=20
  balls on sticks where there should be piano hammers?  I lacquer as a=20
  last resort but here I am with the juice trying to get a brand new=20
  $50,000 piano to make a sound.

  There is nothing I enjoy more than the mild buzz you get lacquering=20
  hammers though.  Simple pleasures are the best.

  chris
  --=20
  Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
  School of Music, Ohio University