Steinway player

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:53:17 -0500

Ah, as the gods would have it, I received a call tonight from the
gentleman who tunes for the Houston Symphony who has pulled several
actions from Steinway players, and said he'd help me pull it.  Everything
is still there, very old, very brittle.  There's not much in the way of
player technicians here in Houston......   He might have to go elsewhere
for the action work and the player rebuild.  I'll restring it, but don't
really wish to take on a rebuild project, especially since the piano will
not be moved from the home for the work I do on it.    Thanks, I guess,
for warning me I'm in for something of an adventure.
les bartlett

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:40:42 EDT Wimblees@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 9/20/02 11:09:54 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
> lesbart1@juno.com
> writes:
>

> > Just tuned a Steinway grand with an Aeolian player.  Can the
> action be
> > removed without a horrible amount of work??????????????????
> > How??????????  Player needs some work, new strings needed, at
> least some
> > action work needed.  Help appreciated.
> > les bartlett
> >

> Les
>
> If the player mechanism is still in the piano, this is going to be a
> very
> difficult and time consuming project. I might even suggest you
> contact a
> player repairman for this.
>
> If the player has been removed, then it is easier, but it requires
> some
> special know how.
>
> Let me know which one it is.
>
> Wim