A well tempered tale

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 09:13:38 -0700

Congrats!  You get the golden tuning pin award!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

  I tuned an Ibach Transposing piano for the first time yesterday.  =
Quite an interesting contraption.  As I pondered what type of =
temperament to put on it, my mind began to race with the possibilities.  =
A nice well temperament with the flick of a wrist could easily become a =
reverse well, sideways well, upside down well, backwards well or, =
what-the-well well.    As I booted up my Verituner a voice from the back =
room called out, "By the way, the last guy put this weird temperament on =
it, just tune it the normal way". =20

  Probably would have tuned it in ET anyway. =20

  David Love