Important Question, was lucky break

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:20:27 +0200

David Ilvedson wrote:

> Another good reason for a ETD...;-] We've talked about this before but:
> When I check a piano after FAC measurements on my SAT III, I can,
>  within a few seconds, know where that piano is at.  The tenor may be
> sharp but the bass right in the ball part and the treble flat.  I can quickly
> bring down the tenor and raise the treble and then start tuning.  Or I might
> split the difference in all areas and go through once floating the pitch..
> David I.

Good point Dave. Actually there are so many good reasons for using an ETD its nearly
ridiculous that they are not in virtually everyones tool box. But you know me.... I
have difficulty looking away from the fact that they also have this very seductive
tendency to be relied to heavily on. We cant ignore the statistics we see coming from
the exams rooms. Seems to me that it is in all our interests to continually be on the
watch for this. After all... many of us are ETD enthusiasts despite our differening
uses for them.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.