Music Trades Request for Information

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:41:04 -0500

Joe,
    It would have been simpler and easier for everyone concerned
to ask for a clarification rather than post baseless accusations,
let alone confront a publisher without all the facts.   Mr.
Majeski might
be interested to see this response to his reply as presented on
 this list.
    Because for those who don't read Music Trades Magazine it may
appear it is Mr. M who  "needs to get his facts straight".  I am
guessing MT does not as policy publish piano tuning fees the same
way they publish sales data,  having seen only this one since I
began reading in 1976.   So in that view Mr. Majeski is correct.
However that does not mean such information cannot appear as it
did in the April 2002 issue in the Industry Forefront section,
page
48 in an "article" titled "QRS to Develop Self-Tuning Piano
System"

    "The retail price of the self-tuner has not been determined.
Presently the average manual tuning service fee in the United
States is about $75 and is usually necessary at least twice a
year"

    I don't know what you forwarded or wrote to Music Trades, but
if my name was included, of course I would like to get cleared up
any
misunderstanding or curiosity the publisher may have about how his
very excellent magazine was quoted here.

Richard Moody