Voicing

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:33:36 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Yet with my soundboards, I've needled the Isaacs down. I don't think it's
> knowing the hammer as much as knowing the hammer in relation to the scaling
> and soundboard assembly of the specific piano.
>
> Ron N
>
> __

In all seriousness Ron, this seems like a great idea for a class... tho no
doubt logistically difficult. Bring in a piano you just got done with
installing a new board and the rest.... and have gotten to the point where you
are ready to start the voicing process.

Perhaps a seminar situation with 4 or 5 participants, and video tape the whole
thing for editing later ??

We have done something similiar (voicing part only) and if you are interested I
will see if its ok to send you a copy of the CD as an example.

Just a thought.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.