ETD's accurate?

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:21:46 +0200

David Love wrote:

> I think you missed the point, Richard.  The issue wasn't whether accuracy
> was important.  The issue was how much time you should labor over perfection
> at the expense of other things the piano might need.
>
> David Love

Yeah, but Dave !! :)... who said anything about how much time it takes to use
your creative abilities in tuning ? Somehow it just got assumed that this takes
like really really longer then if you use a machine... where that came from
beats me...

Of course I aggree that one should not labour over intensively on the tuning
aspect of a service call, and I also agree 100 % about the all sided service
perspective.

I use the machine quite a bit. More sometimes and less some other times. I
advocate its use for all phases of ones tuning career... but I also caution
against the tendancy to rely to much on it. It does our industry a diservice if
we allow tuning devices to simply take over controll of that aspect of our job.
And that is a whole discussion in itself.

Cheers !

RicB

--
Richard Brekne