Voicing

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:53:35 -0700

>Well, today I got a bit carried away with some close to
>crown needling on a few hammers in the bass / tenor change
>over area
Please describe your close-to-crown needling.
>so I ran a about 6 deep single fat needle sticks
what kind of needle? how long is the needle in mm ?
>in well halfway down the hammer at 90 degrees from the core
You mean the core tip? 90 degrees from the strike point?
Horizontally into the low shoulder of the hammer? At what "o'clock"
were you? How deep in did you go?
>and WOW !!... not only did all the volume I had lost come
>back but a resiliency characteristic to the sound... as in
>increased dynamics big time.
This is good.  Ooooohh.

Talk to me, man......take care.

David A.