Important Question, was lucky break

sid blum sid@sover.net
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:59:39 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin E. Ramsey

  "  Well, Alan, unless I'm wrong (In which case I'm sure I'll hear about
it), in the area of the upper temperament, the difference between A440 and
A441 is approxiamately 4 cents, so 442 would be eight cents sharp.
    That being said, one cycle at A0 would be about 64 cents at the
fundemental level, according to Jim Coleman Sr. So I suppose that one cycle
per second at the top of the piano would probably be a fraction of a cent.
Just this month he mentioned that, and remarked that it gave a whole new
light on lower bass tuning, and quibbling over a few tenths of a cent. "

This reminds me of a thought I had recently while reading various posts
relating to ETD s.  Would it not be useful to have an ETD that could also
read out in the language of frequency (cycles per second)?

I'm way over my head here, but I'm thinking a device such as this could
relate to beat rates.

sb