Clients & PTG Membership

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:04:08 -0400

For the first time in four years of tuning, a new client called me and asked whether I was a member of the Piano Technicians Guild. I said yes, of course. She called a week or two ago. I tuned her piano yesterday.

She just moved to Tampa from Houston where her former tech was a PTG member and "did all the tuning for the Houston Symphony". She did not say or ask anything about RPT status. She had a 15 year old 175 cm Young Change grand that was much better than the average YC (should I say "much less worse?"). I did a 5-cent pitch raise and tuned equal temperment and Ron Koval's latest stretch factor with my Verituner, and she said that the piano sounded fabulous! We had a 15 minute chat about non-equal temperaments afterwards, and she said that was interesting and that she would think about it.

That was the highlight of the day for yesterday.

Terry Farrell