ETD's accurate?

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:30:52 +0200

Newton Hunt wrote:

> > And the day it stops being one is the day you might as well be playing
> > a Clavinova. No matter how good the machine is, its not capable of > creativity.
>
> Nuts.  Does a table saw have to be creative in order to use it's
> prowess?

No... but unless you have a human running the darn thing... with a creative purpose in
mind, the only thing that is going to happen is that something is going to get cut...
maybe somebodys finger or something.

> Being creative is using skills to further enhance service and charge
> more.

Nuts. Being creative is being creative. Course if you want to write and publish your
own dictionary...grin.

> At what point does accuracy or precision matter to the paying customer?

Actually, that whole can of worms is up for debate, and you darn well know it.

> At what point does accuracy become playing with yourself?

I'll thank you not to get gross on me here Newton... hehe.

> What is acceptable and what is not to the customer or to your wallet?

What does THAT have to do with this ?

> Wallowing in your own admiration is counter productive.

Who is doing that ? But to turn the coin around... turning over all duties of deciding
what sounds good to a machine is whats counter productive.

>                 Newton

Cheers !

RicB
--