Bechstein grand spread dimension,

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:05:01 -0400

At 10:35 PM 9/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> >Can I ask you how you define a good aftertouch ? By feel at the key ? by
> >precise measuring (at the key or at the jack) ?

When the jack is situated just in front of the roller when the key is fully
depressed.

If the roller is nudging the jack forwards at the end of the keystroke you
may have too little aftertouch.

If the jack is buried into the rep lever stop felt at the end of the
keystroke, you have too much aftertouch.

When the jack is in close juxtaposition to the roller, repetition is optimum.
Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com