Prelude Pianos

Dan Alberts pianoman@cvzoom.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:35:37 -0400

I find myself in a bit of a dilemma.  I have a client that is the owner =
of a five year old American made Story & Clark studio piano.  Actually, =
the piano has been a relatively nice piano to tune and service.  Upon my =
last service appointment, I had discovered that eight of the twelve ribs =
had separated from the board.  Upon further investigation, I concluded =
that the board had buckled mostly along the line of the tenor, treble =
bridge and any attempt to draw the ribs back to the cupped board would =
be futile.  I have contacted the manufacturer who has been most gracious =
in attempting to resolve this matter.  However, my dilemma is this: As =
many of you are aware Story & Clark no longer manufacture the Story & =
Clark piano.  As a result, the manufacturer has no other option but to =
replace the piano with a piano that they currently represent, which is =
the Prelude made at the Dongbei Piano Company in Dongbei, China.  My =
client has asked me if this piano would be similar in quality and value. =
 I have absolutely no service history with this piano.  Could anyone who =
has any history or service track record with the Prelude studio provide =
me with some information that might help.  This is clearly a situation =
where both parties ( the manufacturer and the customer) have legitimate =
positions.  I thank you in advance for your input.