What is this on my plate?

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:37:40 -0400

It has various names, horn, fin and others I cannot recall at the
moment.  It's purpose is to transfer stress to the belly rail (the bolt
you see) for tuning stability and coupling the rim to the plate.

Before restinging make sure the two touch each other.  When tuned the
plate cannot bend further in that area.

		Newton